Monday, January 24, 2011

Day - 24

Day 24 - I work in one of the most famous buildings in SF, the Embarcadero Center... I am not sure why it is famous because it is the ugliest set of buildings on the block. I guess it was originally built by the Rockefeller's? I know that they wanted a Rockefeller Center on the West coast so they had it built but sold it shortly after. Or so I believe.... I have seen the propaganda but don't remember.... The only movie that I recall seeing it in is "High Anxiety" by Mel Brooks. In the movie he is in the hotel and he looks at the floor and has a anxiety attack... as you can see below you know why he did. I do have to admit I do like the pattern in the floor tile. It covers the entire Embarcadero Center on every floor surface so it is everywhere. It is a bit high maintenance though as it always seems that they are repairing large sections of tile.. so enjoy the two shots below in homage to Mel Brooks. I had a hard time picking. I would have liked the second shot a whole lot more but I was out late enough in the day that all of the lights were on so in the bottom corner you can see the glow of the orange light on the surface..... drats!



No comments:

Post a Comment